An open source kernel extension enabling native macOS HD audio for not officially supported codecs without any filesystem modifications.
- English ( Current )
- Digital and analog audio support starting from the OS installation
- Recovery HD/macOS Installer audio support
- Automated codec detection
- Unsupported audio controller enabling (internal and external)
- Arbitrary kext patching
- Custom platform/layout injection
- Works with SIP / El Capitan
- Currently compatible with 10.8-10.15
- Apple for macOS
- Onyx The Black Cat by fG! for the base of the kernel patcher
- capstone by Nguyen Anh Quynh for the disassembler module
- toleda, Mirone and certain others for audio patches and layouts
- Pike R. Alpha for lzvn decompression and certain HDMI patches
- 07151129 for some code parts and suggestions
- vit9696 for writing the software and maintaining it
- vandroiy2013 for maintaining the codec database
The minimal instruction is available on the wiki.
The prebuilt binaries are available on releases page.
To support more audio codecs in the binary packages you are asked to submit your configurations. Please read the wiki for more details. For the contributors with programming skills the headers are filled with AppleDOC comments.
Support and discussion
InsanelyMac topic in English
AppleLife topic in Russian
Writing and supporting code is fun but it takes time. If you want to thank the author for his work consider contributing, bugreporting, or providing the support to other users.
- MaxKernel HS for GM/GP
- Support startup delay for AppleHDAController via
alcdelayboot-arg (in ms)
- Guarded TCSEL change to TC0 with
alctsel=<01 00 00 00>property or
- Improved performance with Lilu 1.4.3 APIs
- Added ALC257 layout-id 99 and100 for Lenovo XiaoXin Pro 2019 by DalianSky
- Added ALC283 layout-id 88 for DELL R14 3437 by Zoran
- Add mute button to ALC230 layout 13 by Ab2774
- Update for Better Input Range ALC 235 by Andres ZeroCross
- Added ALC269VC layout-id 22 for Acer Veriton Z4640G by Andres ZeroCross
- Updated ConfigData & Added WakeConfigData to fix CodecCommander dependency CX20751/2 layout-id 28 LineIn Sniki
- Updated ConfigData & Updated WakeConfigData to fix CodecCommander dependency ALC221 layout-id 11 LineIn(s) by Sniki
- Added ALC255/ALC3234 layout-id 7 for Dell 7348 by armenio
- Fix Conexant CX8050 LineIn for headsets with combo jack