An open source kernel extension enabling native macOS HD audio for not officially supported codecs without any filesystem modifications.
- English ( Current )
- Digital and analog audio support starting from the OS installation
- Recovery HD/macOS Installer audio support
- Automated codec detection
- Unsupported audio controller enabling (internal and external)
- Arbitrary kext patching
- Custom platform/layout injection
- Works with SIP / El Capitan
- Currently compatible with 10.8-10.15
- Apple for macOS
- Onyx The Black Cat by fG! for the base of the kernel patcher
- capstone by Nguyen Anh Quynh for the disassembler module
- toleda, Mirone and certain others for audio patches and layouts
- Pike R. Alpha for lzvn decompression and certain HDMI patches
- 07151129 for some code parts and suggestions
- vit9696 for writing the software and maintaining it
- vandroiy2013 for maintaining the codec database
The minimal instruction is available on the wiki.
The prebuilt binaries are available on releases page.
To support more audio codecs in the binary packages you are asked to submit your configurations. Please read the wiki for more details. For the contributors with programming skills the headers are filled with AppleDOC comments.
Support and discussion
InsanelyMac topic in English
AppleLife topic in Russian
Writing and supporting code is fun but it takes time. If you want to thank the author for his work consider contributing, bugreporting, or providing the support to other users.
- Fix ALCS1200A lost ID 11 by owen0o0
- Added MacKernelSDK with Xcode 12 compatibility
- Added CX20632 layout-id 20 for HP Elitedesk 800 G5 Mini by phucnguyen2411
- Added ALC269VC layout-id 24 for Hasee U45S1 by zero816
- Added ALC283 layout-id 45 for NUC7 by micsell
- Added ALC235 layout-id 99 for Lenovo TianYi 510s Mini by DalianSky
- Added ALC1150 layout-id 99 for Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H by DalianSky
- Correct layout 13 for IDT92HD87B2/4